Duchess Avenue Art Studio
Backyard art studio
We just love this Kitchener backyard art studio! Built from the ground up, the studio incorporates a number of features and elements to ensure its longevity and consideration of its surroundings:
- the structure is supported by helical piers to avoid root damage to adjacent oak tree
- it is incredibly well insulated (like a Yeti cooler) to ensure warmth through the winter months
- a steel roof was chosen for long term durability
- client specifically requested reclaimed wood floor, which we are loving
- exposed plywood cabinets & desk was a main feature, and fun, if fussy material to work with
- we chose a vaulted ceiling with exposed structural beam and cased skylights to maximize the natural light
- we installed a ductless heating/cooling unit which means sun or snow, the studio will be the perfect temperature for creativity!
And as beautiful as this space is, it is a working studio, so storage, plus easy access to tools and supplies was of huge importance and open shelving means that all the clients' inspiring bits and bobs can be on display.
We can't wait to see what intriguing pieces come out of the studio, and we hope Pickles (their dog) enjoys the space as much as his people do!